- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 kg (2 lb) whole snapper, cleaned, scaled
- 2 spring onions, cut into julienne strips
Preheat the oven to moderately hot 190°C (375°F/Gas 5). Place the garlic, fish sauce, lemon juice, ginger, chilli sauce, coriander and rice wine vinegar in a jug and mix well.
Place the snapper on a large piece of well-greased foil in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the fish and sprinkle with the spring onion.
Wrap the fish into a parcel and bake for 20–30 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
A recipe from the Good Food collection